Monday 11 October 2010

Design Process

When continuing with media in A2 at college our task was to create a magazine of our choice. At this point I gathered ideas and wrote down a list of things I was most interested in, I had done this because creating a magazine which I am personally interested in will benefit me as I will have my own knowledge on the subject and hopefully more material to offer.
Near the end of deciding what to base my magazine on I short listed a few ideas such as fashion, cars and music. After a while of deciding I finally chose to base my magazine on fashion.
Once I discovered the magazine genre I started to design my magazine. I had started this by looking at other fashion magazines such as ‘The Source’ and decided to follow the usual conventions. I started to sketch a few ideas and planning the photos which I would take and use.
I had sketched 2 ideas out for the front page of the magazine and then went to my target audience to get their opinion on which sketch was the best. Once I had done this I found which sketch to base my magazine cover around, and then I adapted my images around the template that I had created in Adobe Photoshop.  
Throughout creating and designing my magazine cover I had been asking my target audience about their opinions towards my work and improvements that they could suggest and then I incorporated their feedback into my final product.


1 comment: