Wednesday 3 April 2013

Artefact 4 - Research


When thinking about my 4th artefact I wanted to explore close up camera angles and z depth. When I researched into this I found general images of this, but not specific to what I want to do. I have thought on how I could incorporate this idea into the bedroom that I created for my previous artefact. I decided to do a close up of an ashtray with cigarettes inside of it, which will be on a table. I think that this will be a good artefact as it is different from the rest that I have created. When creating this artefact I will have to make sure that my modelling is accurate and of a high quality this is because even the smallest detail will show up when creating a close up angle shot.  I will do this by creating my own HQ textures in Photoshop so that they scale and tile correctly. I will be using mental ray for the texture of the ashtray to give it a glossy effect which will reflect light and also I will be creating other object which will be on the table.  

Below are some images which I have found that I can reference. I am particularly looking at the cigarette textures and smoke effect.
























After looking at these images I have started to make the textures for the cigarettes and experimenting with mental ray textures to use for the ashtray   

No comments:

Post a Comment