Friday 5 April 2013

Artefact 5 - Research/Plan - Different occupier in room. Experimenting with textures

With my final artefact I thought I’d recreate the bedroom that I previously made. I want to see how much the room can change when a different person moves in. I am creating a bedroom for a young girl which is about 4 -6 years old. I want to show how I can re texture the whole room and change the furniture to accommodate the new occupier. I thought this would be interesting as I can compare the two and see all the difference and how the atmosphere can change by a new person occupying that space. I have been researching young girl’s bedrooms and found that the main colour scheme used is pink and white which is no surprise. I chose to do a child’s bedroom as this will give me a chance to experiment with different techniques such as applying a wallpaper pattern texture to the wall. As well as creating a child’s bed and patterned bed sheets. I will keep some of the typical things in the room as the previous artefact which will be expected such as the flooring, windows and skirting boards as people usually keep them the same when they move into a house.

I have been researching girls bedrooms and found come great images to give me inspiration for when I’m modelling the bedroom.




















Currently I am creating a wallpaper texture which will be on all of the walls, I will upload the texture that I have created in my next post

No comments:

Post a Comment