Saturday 18 May 2013

Final version of Artefact 1

Artefact 1





Evaluation: 
For my first artefact I created a bedroom. Before I started anything I researched into bedrooms by searching online and observing real life of today and wanted to incorporate something different into my design. When researching I came across lighting panels in bedrooms and decided to put this into my design. When creating this artefact I looked at the usual things that you would find in a bedroom such as beds, desks, and computers and then modelled them.
As this artefact was focusing on lighting/key lighting I had to make sure that this was perfect. I created the lighting setup in this room by using 1 main key light and then 9 fill lights and to soften the main lights and one back light which were in the lighting panel. Once I created this artefact and presented it in front of my focus group made up of virtual environment students many of them didn’t like the lighting panel and thought the bedroom would look better with normal lights. I then thought about these comments made and decided to change the lighting and get rid of the light panel. As I did this I placed another main light to replace the lighting panel and placed a canvas where the panel was to give the bedroom more life and character. Another comment I received was to fill up the room more. I did this by adding a chair into the bedroom along with a dustbin.
I didn’t want to over fill the bedroom and distract the user from the main point of the artefact which is the lighting. I created this artefact to also build the foundation for the rest of my artefacts as I want to try different experiments in this bedroom and find various results.






No comments:

Post a Comment