Saturday 18 May 2013

Final version of Artefact 2

Artefact 2:





Evaluation:


Artefact 2
The aim of this artefact is to create a night time scene by exploring lighting and focal points. I gathered my research and decided to experiment with lighting coming through the window, as many night time bedroom scenes are focused around the window.
The first thing I did was that I turned off all the lighting in my environment and used a photometric light outside the bedroom so that it would shine inside the room. I wanted that to be the only light source that my room would have. This is because many of the images that I have seen of night time scenes; this would be the only source. I had to ensure that I placed the light in the correct position so that the shadows would fall in the perfect position. I wanted the light to create a focal point onto the bed, where the viewer’s eyes would instantly be attracted to. The focal point on this image is the bed and the records on the bed.
Once I created the images I showed my focus group and they suggested that I create a moonlight version by adding a blue tint to the light. I had done this by changing the colour of the light to blue. I created 3 different versions of blue light scenes and created a questionnaire to see which one people preferred and thought that portrayed a realistic night time scene alongside my original. The results showed that people preferred my original version despite the colour theories of blue moonlight.


Image I presented for my questionnaire:

The questionnaire that I sent out to people on the multimedia course. This gave me the opportunity to see other peoples opinions and any improvements or changes that they suggest:



The results of my questionnaires that I sent out. The results showed that people preferred the original version of the night time scene despite the moonlight colour theory Brooker talks about "As the moon is a neutral gray colour, the light that it reflects towards us is actually exactly the same colour as the suns light, which might seem a little odd at first, as we’re used to seeing the moon with a blue tint. However our perception of the moons light as blue comes from the way in which the rods in our eyes adapt to low light situations"








No comments:

Post a Comment