Wednesday 27 March 2013

Artifact 1.. What I need to improve

This is my first artifact, I presented it in tutorial and wanted some feedback on I could change to improve the scene. Overall I received a lot of good feedback, mainly about the high detail of texturing e.g floor and rug. Here is what I presented:

 
The constructive feedback which I received was that I need to make the shadow from the top left light softer because the shadow by the window blind is quite hard. I now see this and will ether move the light further away from the wall or turn down the light intensity to soften the shadow. The second thing my peers said was that the space by the table looked too empty. I will fix that by inserting a chair or something like that to fill the room.

The lighting and the space were the only things wrong with this artifact. For me this was a good sign that I am  on track. I'm glad my peers showed me areas on which I can improve. I will post another render of the amended version once I have completed it.

AMENDMENTS:

I have now fixed some issues that I found with this artefact. I have placed a chair by the table and also a bin to fill the room. i have also changed the lighting panel on the wall This is because it didnt really work, I created questionnaire asking my audience what they think of this artefact and most of them said they really liked it apart from the lighting panel. I will upload my full questionnaire in depth in a new post. I covered the space by placing some abstract paintings above the bed to fill the space but more importantly to add more character to the room.



No comments:

Post a Comment