Thursday 28 March 2013

Artifact 2 Dark Room - Planning

For my second artifact I'm looking to create a dark room. I will use the same environment that I created for my previous artifact and modify it. I have been researching online finding what elements actually go into a dark room, other than just making the environment just a low lighting scene. I have also done some practical research, studying and observing my own bedroom at day time (bright) and then at night (dark). Below are some of the main images I used to reference and use as inspiration for this artifact.

























The main things that I picked up from these images and my real life observation is that no matter the time of day there is always light coming from the window even if the blinds or curtains are closed. This light source is usually moonlight, streetlights or light coming from other houses or cars. I never realised how much light comes through your blinds until I did this experiment myself. This will be a main focus on this artifact, the moonlight coming through the window and that light creating a focal point on an object and also casting shadows. I also want my artifacts to tell a story so that you get a feel of what type of person would be living in that particular environment.

No comments:

Post a Comment