Thursday 28 March 2013

Artefact 2 Evaluation



The initial aim of this artefact is to create a night time scene by exploring lighting and colour variations. I gathered my research and decided to experiment with lighting coming through the window, as many night time bedroom scenes are focused around the window.
 
The first thing I did was that I turned off all the lighting in my environment and used a photometric light outside the bedroom so that it would shine inside the room. I wanted that to be the only light source that my room would have. This is because many of the images that I have seen of night time scenes; this would be the only source. I had to ensure that I placed the light in the correct position so that the shadows would fall in the perfect position. I wanted the light to create a focal point onto the bed, where the viewer’s eyes would instantly be attracted to. The focal point on this image is the bed and the records on the bed.
 
I also wanted my image to tell a story. Give the viewer some sort of idea of the person that lives there. I had done this by placing records on the bed and a concert playing on the TV to show that the person occupying the room has some sort of musical background. I have used other props to give away his identity such as speakers under the TV and the picture on the wall which is of records and a guitar.
 
Once I created this image I thought it would be interesting using different colour lighting to set a winter night atmosphere. I created three versions with different coloured lighting and created surveys asking the viewer which image worked the best as a night time winter scene. The results showed that the original image was the strongest.
 
I realised that I don’t need to change the colour of the lighting as long as the scene has a low lighting level to create a winter night time atmosphere. 





No comments:

Post a Comment