Wednesday 27 March 2013

Artifacts

Over the Christmas holidays I have been thinking about my artifacts and what they could be. Iv been looking at bedrooms mainly as I would like to go into interior visualisation once I have graduated, so I thought it was only right to use this opportunity to create a bedroom for my artifacts and experiment with different lighting techniques, colours, and textures.

I have been researching and looking for images of bedrooms online that I can reference, I'm looking to create a modern bedroom for my first artifact, using a specific time of day to match the lighting inside the room e.g summer morning - bright room. I'm also looking at images of objects and furniture to create for the room that I can reference to create a realistic room. Another advantage of me doing a bedroom is that I can add it to my online portfolio and add the objects that I will of created to my own database if I ever need them again in the future

Below are some of the images I have been looking at and inspiration for my first artifact.









Once I looked at the image above and many more which are similar I started to write down some ideas which came to mind. Obviously a bedroom will have a bed and other essential things, but I want to make sure the objects and furniture I create is just like the real world. I have decided to model a bed with a glossy headboard. I will put a rug on the floor giving the room some character (I haven't decided on the texture). Beside the bed on both sides I will place small drawer with lamps on them. They will be modern lights. The bedroom will also have blinds to block out the sun at night. The bedroom will  also have a laminated wood texture that you usually find in bedrooms.

No comments:

Post a Comment